Skybridge of Twin Tower

On labour day, we went over to Suria KLCC after putting a night in mom's place, a sudden thought of going for just a window shopping since the last some time ago. Eventually, I managed to get free parking opposite of KLCC which was safe and save me lots from paying parking charge...hehe. Though it needs some distance walk across the street and pass through Mandarin Oriental Hotel only get to the other entrance of Suria KLCC. It was really crowded with many people from locals, foreigners and tourists, perhaps plus with public holiday. I can't deny that KLCC is the most favourite destination of shopping throughout all time. My wife wanted to get a briefcase and myself looking a long sleeve shirt. Sigh...at the end, we couldn't buy anything...just a little electric shaver for myself. Before we were about to go off, I told my wife why not we just check it out to see whether can visit the Twin Tower Skybridge at this hour, 5pm. Sadly, we were told that the passes for the day had all finished and advised us to come early in the morning for next time. Oh no...
The free passes are limited for 1700 people per day, at first-come first-basis. Then what else can we do?

With disappointed feeling, we then walked to the Exhibition hall to see all information displayed about how the Twin Tower was built in those days. This 88-floor towers were designed by Argentine-American architect and completed in 1998. While we were watching a documentary video, one staff came to tell us that we can go up to the Skybridge. Huh! I can't believe that...maybe they gave us a chance. I just thought if we have had not been here, we may not having this chance. Thank God!

Then we were given a yellow tag, a 3D glass and proceed to the Cinema room with the rest of the visitors for few minutes show about the Twin Tower structures and development. I really don't get it why they used this method by wearing the 3D glass which made us a little bit dizzy and blurry images. But when without wearing it, there was double images...
After the show, we were called out followed by the colours of tags and queued in the line to get into the High Speed Elevator.
This elevator is not an ordinary elevator, there are so many buttons and LED which indicate each floors. It took us 41 sec to reach to the level 41 which it is the Skybridge's floor. It was really pretty fast and meant that only 1 sec for each level! (OMG...)
The moment we stepped into the bridge lobby, I quickly took out my camera cellphone to snap here and there coz limited time only given.
It was really good experience and worthy to visit. I am really proud of this mega structure and truly Malaysia!



Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment